Wednesday 5 October 2011

Letter to Grandma

If I could spend one more day with you
I would fall in your arms, kissing your cheeks like I used to
I would ask you how is heaven, do you still see grandpa?
Would ask you to sing me songs of the golden river,
touch my lips with glorious fruit
share your wisdom, hopes and wonder
and tell me that in time we’ll meet again.
I remember your smile, how you looked at me with awe.
Times when you scrubbed me shiny in the bath.
Always teaching me, your ever forgiving unconditional love.
I’ll wait till you visit again during the night in my sleep
I know you are always watching...
at times I can feel your heart being proud.
I am sending you my hugs and kisses
And Hallelujah to God

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.